Information to Help You Get Started
Welcome to the day school ministry at the parish of St. Stephen!
I could not be happier that you are interested in our school for your child(ren). It is our hope that this website will provide you with timely information about our school.
Our ministry serves children and families in preschool through 8th grade, in addition to interacting with other families and ministries in the parish. There are two classes of children at each grade level, giving us an enrollment of approximately 350 students from over 250 families.
The school day begins at 7:40 a.m. and ends at 2:05 p.m. Anoka-Hennepin School District 11 provides busing for students who live in the northwestern zone of District 11. We have families registered at the school who drive from Anoka, Champlin, Dayton, Ramsey, Elk River, Zimmerman, Brooklyn Park, Coon Rapids and Andover.
In addition to our K-5 self-contained classroom instruction, we have licensed encore teachers in the areas of Art, Media/Computer, Music, and Physical Education. Our Middle School Teachers are licensed to teach their specific content areas. The Middle School students also receive direct instruction in Health/PE, Spanish, Art and Music. Media and Technology instruction is integrated into each content area.
Middle School students participate in extra-curricular activities. Three seasons of girls and boys athletics. Individual and large group band lessons are offered during the school day to help accommodate families schedules.
Catholic Social Teachings guide the students in their numerous service projects.
It is an exciting time in education as we work to fulfill the mission of the parish and the school. Questions regarding curriculum, registration or other aspects about our day school ministry can be answered by calling our office at (763) 421-3236. Thank you again for showing interest in our school.
Students from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply
While our students learn and live the values of the Catholic faith, we find students from many faith backgrounds are comfortable in our school. Our admission’s policy admits registered parishioners first. Students presently enrolled in the Church of St. Stephen’s School have top priority for registration each year, followed by:
- New students who are siblings of registered students.
- New students who are children of faculty and staff members.
- New students who along with their families are registered parishioners and parents are school alumni.
- New students who along with their families are registered parishioners at the Church of St. Stephen or St. Katharine Drexel.
- If space is available, student applications of non-parishioners will be accepted in the order received.
Enrollment applications are accepted throughout the year
Students are accepted during formal registration and throughout the school year, subject to space availability. To be considered during the formal registration process and according to the admission’s criteria, enrollment is opened in January (Pre-School and Kindergarten) or February (Grades 1-8) each year.
Benefits of Attending
Our parents and students enjoy:
- Academic rigor and high expectations
- Dedicated classrooms and experienced teachers
- Convenient school hours: 7:40 a.m to 2:05 p.m.
- Students may be dropped off under faculty and staff supervision at 7:15 a.m
- Environment where each student is known by name
- Bus service by Dist. 11 (must be in the St. Stephen’s boundaries)
- Before and After School Enrichment (B.A.S.E.) from 6:00-7:25 a.m. and 2:15-6:00 p.m.
- Specialists: Music, Spanish, Art, Physical Education, Technology/Media.
- Extracurricular activities: band, choir athletic programs grades 5-8, SAFE activities, drama club
- Hot lunch and salad bar selections for daily lunch
5 Days: $4,705
3 Days (Mon/Wed/Fri): $3,353
2 Days (Tues/Thurs): $2,499
5 Days: $2,450
3 Days (Mon/Wed/Fri): $1,618
2 Days (Tues/Thurs): $1,226
First Grade: $3,415
Grades 2-8: $4,150
Before & After School
Before and After School Enrichment (B.A.S.E.)
The B.A.S.E. program provides a safe, nurturing and fun atmosphere before and after school for children of families enrolled at St. Stephen School. The B.A.S.E. program also provides full day care throughout the school year on non-school days. B.A.S.E. is closed on holidays.
Hours for the program are:
- AM Session: 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- PM Session: after school to 6:00 p.m.
- Non-school days: 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Dedicated volunteers help make our school a success
Volunteers are an important and valued part of St. Stephen’s Catholic School. We have many programs and events that are extremely successful based solely on the excellent work of our dedicated volunteers. There are many opportunities throughout our school year for our parents, grandparents and community members.
Learn more at Get Involved.